Happy November!
It is a gorgeous crisp autumn day here. As usual on Sundays, I slept in late. Sammy is shaking on the couch next to me as he stares at Otis, the white lab next door who is running around and barking at our fence. John is asleep upstairs.
Oh yeah, I passed the bar! I found out yesterday. To celebrate we went to a local steak restaurant we hadn't tried before. Pretty darn good.
I had a small "party" on Halloween. It wasn't really a party - two friends and sister Beth came over for lasagna and a few bottles of wine. Apparently I get obnoxious easier than before, but it was fun. It was the first time I lived in a place parents felt was safe enough for trick or treating.
Work takes so much out of me and of my time that I don't get quality time with friends nearly so much. Or John for that matter...or me, but we make up for it.
Work is going well. The transition was hard at first, but it is easing up now. There are a lot of unspoken expectations so it is confusing figuring out the basic parameters of the day - what time do I arrive? when and how long is lunch? what time do I leave? can I ask that question?
I had a big breakthrough on Friday - I was working on an interesting project with a lawyer I hope to work with and he called me at 4 to say that I was going to have to research another topic. So as he's talking I picture calling 3 different people and canceling and then John to tell him not to put dinner in the oven. But then I just asked - Is this the kind of important I cancel my dinner party or is this something we do tomorrow. He responded really well and was super nice and I was out of there at twenty after five, ready to party!!
I am going to go for now but I'll chat more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment