Last night J and I went out and had our first night of celebration of being married. It was also his birthday, but we did what I wanted to do, so I guess it was really for our wedding.
We went out to eat and it was perfect. We went to our favorite restaurant and sat by a fire and the food was fabulous and he told me all about Tecumseh. It was, without a question, the best meal I've had since July 4th, 2005 and my disastrous trip to Western Mass. J is normally so resistant to that decadent approach to food, but he was very supportive of me and only made a little bit of fun of how much I enjoyed my meal.
I think at least one of my readers can relate to the droopy eyed effect of food that is so delicious, and add in two glasses of wine, some good conversation, and a huge stone fireplace, and you've got a honeymoon made for two.
And I cleaned my plate. It took me over an hour, and I ate slow, but it didn't hurt. I was, to quote a good friend, totally blissed out.
Yesterday during the day was stressful and annoying because I had a homework assignment, a complex, time-consuming one, due last night at 7:00. This morning, I have yet another to do, but first I'm writing to settle myself into this spring of 2008. The spring solstice just happens to be the day J and I married (it was also our 7th anniversary). Friday was full of homework and details, lots and lots of phone calls. Saturday started off well (11.5 miles, for the first time in a LONG time), and then grew progressively worse as I struggled to care about dual-role insurance plan administrators, even if it is topical. But then Saturday night was perfect, and random faces of friends I love very much floated through my imagination. I miss you all, even those of you who don't read my blog! I've been so lucky in this life.
I slept solid and hard to ward off the demons in my sinuses, and woke up to a beautiful, sunny 40 degree Eastern morning. I am a happy, happy girl. I am doing work, and then J and I are going to the Lippincott's for masculine sports, dinner, and to look at more pictures of cute Southern babies.
V - I will call you tonight if that is all right. I want to make sure we can chat for a little while. I hope you are enjoying YOUR Easter and YOUR spring.
I wish you all this same feeling of contentment.

1 comment:
I'm looking forward to a nice chat! I can totally understand the enjoyment of good food - I can't wait to have a nice glass of wine (verboten for now), and, break my heart - I had a huge mug of dark roasted, fresh coffee with cream... and then Liam had a sore tummy and spit up after his next feeding. So no coffee unless I'm willing to hurt Liam's tummy... well, I can have a little coffee and it's ok.
It sounds like you had a fabulous (pre) honeymoon. An auspicious beginning for the next phase of life.
Post a Comment