I've been tackling "wellness" this 2008 resolution period. It's a hard one for me. I tend to overeat or eat poorly. I tend to stay up late and wake up late. I tend to procrastinate. I tend to rack up the responsibility and then fall short. The list can go on for quite a while.
So, my goal is in the moment to make decisions that lead to increased wellness. And today, I actually got up 5:45 am when I first woke up, made myself the breakfast I want to eat, and am already working with NPR on in the background. I'm obviously proud of myself.
I've been so off lately that it reminds me of one clear memory I have from elementary school.
It was summertime and I must have been heading into fourth or fifth grade. Both of my knees were scabbed over, and I was so frustrated that I could never make it with just one knee not being scabbed. Why can't I even just have one knee girl-like?
...
That's funny. I guess that just put things in perspective for me. I'm falling all over myself lately, but maybe it is just where I am and how I am learning. How silly of me to have been frustrated about those scabbed knees. I wish I had that much energy now to throw into life.
How silly of me to judge myself so harshly. I should walk easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment