Yes - We ran it and we finished it. I did it in 5-7 minutes slower than my last one (but I walked a lot more) and John ran 14 miles and then had to walk the last 12 because his knees went out on him. I'm getting a massage at 5:00 and he's sitting in a jacuzzi as we speak.
It was nice, but Houston is not the prettiest city.
I spent the evening before the race with the Bartons and it was LOVELY. Surprisingly lovely. They live here and went terribly out of their way to contact me and then drove a half hour and took me out and wouldn't let me pay for anything. We had such a nice, good conversation.
I'm going to learn to knit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a huge accomplishment for you both! I am impressed that John walked the last twelve after an injury like that. You guys are awesome. Do you think you will do another one in the future? I hope you enjoy some rest and relaxation. I will talk to you soon.
Jeanne
Congrats! I'm having knitting adventures myself - hopefully little Liam will get a tiny blanket before he's 30. Running a marathon is so hardcore and impressive, you both deserve some major relaxation! Congrats again!
Post a Comment