Going without sleep is not fun. I have respect that my friends can remain chipper through parenthood. I almost sacrificed the dogs to the sleep god today.
Here's the kicker - I even got 6 hours of sleep; I'm just used to getting 8.
I can hear some of you cursing :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm not cursing you (well, maybe just a little:)). It is all about what you are used to. Before I had Charlie, I needed my 8 to 9 hours every night and if my sleep was disturbed, I was really feeling it the next day. After Charlie was born, I was a walking zombie and could literally sleep sitting up if I sat still too long, but I adapted. Things dramatically improved and then he was consistently sleeping through the night so I instantly got used to that again and my body demanded that I get those hours of sleep. Occasionally, his sleep will get out of whack and it hits me really hard. When Charlie was a few months old, I probably would've considered these "bad" nights of sleep as "awesome" nights of sleep. It is all relative. Take a big nap when you can.
Jeanne
Nap away I did :)
The alternative to being chipper through parenthood is raising grumpy, ill-adapted children. I think duty holds me accountable. But don't be mistaken - the grump still exists inside on those off days...you just learn to hide it better with kids.
Be thankful you can nap...that word has wilted from my personal lexicon.
Post a Comment